Thread: Wileam, Elven Criminal (My first BWG character)

Default Wileam, Elven Criminal (My first BWG character)

So, shortly after getting Burning Wheel Gold for Christmas (my first edition of Burning Wheel, actually) and tearing through the whole book in a day, I decided that I was going to try out the character creation process. So, for better or for worse, here's what I got with the loose concept of "smuggler elf who's trying to live mortally, but with the tugs of his Elven nature". I suppose I'm mostly posting here as a "Look what I did!" If you want to critique here and there, though, feel free. I don't really plan on micro-managing character builds, though. Not yet, anyhow.

Wileam, real name Rylle, 112 year-old Wilder Elf

Lifepaths: Born Etharch, Attendant, Rider, Huntsman

Stats: Will B3, Perception B6, Agility B5, Speed B3, Power B5, Forte B5

Attributes: Mortal Wound B11, Reflexes B4, Health B5, Steel B4, Hesitation 6, Grief B6, Stride 8

Resources: 1
    Circles: 1

PTGS: Superficial B3, Light B6, Midi B8, Severe B9, Traumatic B10, Mortal B11

Skills: Brawling B5, Call of the Wild B2, Elven Script B3, Etiquette B2, Haggling B4, Heraldry B3, Observation B3, Riding B3, Stealthy B4

Traits: Brusque, Calm Demeanor, Etharchal, Smells Like a Horse, Watchful, World Weary

Gear: Elven traveling gear, human clothes/shoes (I think this is okay to do?), gambeson greaves (again, not sure if I did the armor right...it was very hard to look up, is there an "armor costs" table, beyond the Mannish one, or is Mannish default?), elven rope (I'm a Tolkien geek, it was too awesome to pass up)

Relationships:
    Laene, lover, sister of the local human magistrate (significant forbidden romantic relationship)
    Temm, a minor crime boss and the victim of a recent heist by Wileam (minor hateful relationship)
    Durris, brother, who mutilated his appearance to pass as a human, serving in law enforcement in the city (minor forbidden close family relationship)

Reputation: 1D (famous), pulled off a significant heist of some of Temm's goods

Beliefs:
    I will root my life in the mortal world, with Laene as my wife.
    I will make my name famous in this city, by means fair or foul.
    I'll help Durris smuggle an elven prisoner out of the city jail. (hypothetical opening scenario)

Instincts:
    Always bring elven rope.
    Always keep my legs armored; I don't want to take another wound to them like last time.
    When surprised by trouble, I hide.

Loose Backstory: Born of noble stock, his family and culture was displaced by an influx of humans; wounded in the defense of his home, Rylle decided that the best course of action was to go with the current and live among the invaders, forgetting his birth destiny and making the most of his new opportunities. His attempts to live as a mortal, however, fail to alleviate the sense of eternity that clings to him, and the Elven sorrow at the passage of this world.

I'd expect him to be burned up for an urban campaign that takes place in a single city (Dragon Age II, anyone?), designed to have run-ins with the seedy underbelly of the city, as well as with the law.
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 12-29-2011 at 01:16 PM.
    The Player's Side of the Screen (my RPG blog)

"No more runnin'. I aim to misbehave." ~ Mal Reynolds, from Serenity

Did he take an arrow to the knee?
    Also: ninjas.

Quote Originally Posted by stormsweeper View Post
    Did he take an arrow to the knee?
    ...wow.

I hadn't even considered that. XD
    The Player's Side of the Screen (my RPG blog)

"No more runnin'. I aim to misbehave." ~ Mal Reynolds, from Serenity