Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blossoms: can it be acquired and/or paid for?

Lightbulb Blossoms: can it be acquired and/or paid for?

I refuse to reopen the can of worms that is "will Blossoms be reprinted?"

I ask instead "can it be acquired, anywhere, for love or money?" I can't find it: new, used, or being sold on Ebay. That's a good sign, though frustrating: people are holding onto it.

So barring that, is there a place that I could send money to and then just use one of the illegal PDF copies floating around, considering it "paid for?"

---

The upshot here is I want to give you money for product received, but I can't find a way to add myself to your revenue stream. So can we do an end-run around The System and work something out?

I'm certain I'm not the only person who wants to pay for Blossoms somehow but can't find the damn book.
    Last edited by TiresiasBC; 04-03-2012 at 01:57 AM.
    - Ben

Twitter

I was sure Luke released the PDF at the same time. Am I wrong? I can't find it in the store.
    John
    Stuff I made: John's BWG PDFs | John's BW PDFs | 'The Gift' Convention poster (116.46 kb)
    Social John: Burning Blighty: For the UK Burning X contingent | Google+ | Twitter | Xbox Live

It is my understanding from one of Luke's posts that those are actually pirated, not PDFs released for free on purpose like Burning Sands: Jihad.

Hence my desire to compensate BWHQ for their work.

Please let me know if I'm wrong.

When we released Blossoms we tested out distributing PDFs with the preorders. True to form, it was instantly pirated.

You are now in the ugly but privileged position of wanting something that is not officially available. I leave it to your conscience to guide your actions.

That said, Blossoms is out of print because it is obsolete and no longer compatible with Burning Wheel Gold. I can't sell a product I don't stand behind.

If I update it, I will mostly like print it on press rather than POD, so it'll be much prettier.
    "Athos—Porthos, farewell till we meet again! Aramis, adieu forever!"
    --D'Artagnan

Check out my latest project:

Feels less like a privilege and more like an albatross. I'm Lawful Good.

I don't even know what Paragon Commander Shepard would do...
    - Ben

Twitter

I can't fault your reasoning above, but I have wondered if it would be (or already is?) possible to get a pdf of the emotional attributes from Blossoms are Falling. I've always hesitated in using my home setting because it defaults to a Chinese culture and the Faith attribute doesn't quite key to the humans...I've often wondered if Blossoms held a Rosetta Stone for my fantasy gaming...

You might want to contact the Compleat Strategist and see if they still have a copy. Don't bother with their website, which is not up to date.
    Also: ninjas.

I have evaded Luke's moral Kobeyashi Maru situation by taking a third option!

I had a fellow Burner sell a spare copy to me. Thanks, Mark!

OK. I saw a copy (looked new) at a local Half Price Books here in Indy for $49.99. If someone wants me to try and grab it for them tomorrow morning let me know. That plus 7% sales tax and the packaging and postage, it can be yours (assuming it is still there when I get back there tomorrow).

We can arrange payment somehow. If you are coming to GenCon, you can pay for it then and save on packaging and postage.

Edit- Actually, I am going to pick this up. I can hold on to it for a week then return it if no one wants it.

Keith Mingus
    EvilKnight@gmail.com
    Last edited by EK; 06-25-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EK View Post
    OK. I saw a copy (looked new) at a local Half Price Books here in Indy for $49.99. If someone wants me to try and grab it for them tomorrow morning let me know. That plus 7% sales tax and the packaging and postage, it can be yours (assuming it is still there when I get back there tomorrow).

We can arrange payment somehow. If you are coming to GenCon, you can pay for it then and save on packaging and postage.

Edit- Actually, I am going to pick this up. I can hold on to it for a week then return it if no one wants it.

Keith Mingus
    EvilKnight@gmail.com
    You lucky dog. The best find I made at a HPB was a 1st Edition L5R.
    The Player's Side of the Screen (my RPG blog)

"No more runnin'. I aim to misbehave." ~ Mal Reynolds, from Serenity