Thread: A Review of the Adventure Burner

Default A Review of the Adventure Burner

I just finished writing up a review of the Adventure Burner. Check it out!

Ultimately, I'm really glad I read this book before the campaign I'll hopefully be GMing this summer. It pretty much slapped me across the face with all the crap I'd bring in if I wasn't careful. I know this isn't all that revolutionary to all the older Burners, but I'm glad I read the book. This is exactly what I've been looking for for a long time.
    http://thesharedpen.blogspot.com
    The Shared Pen: An RPG Advice Blog, with a weekly advice column! Spread the word!

"Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as a turn in the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home."
    -Mal, Serenity

Read it again after 40 sesions of play, it's would be a whole new book.

I look forward to it.
    The Shared Pen: An RPG Advice Blog, with a weekly advice column! Spread the word!

"Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as a turn in the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home."
    -Mal, Serenity

I don't know how I would have run Burning Wheel without reading the Adventure Burner.

Poorly, I imagine.

It's a terrific way to get caught up on several years' worth of forum discussions, that's for sure.
    It might help: Getting Past the First Turn
    At the wiki: Paul B's Belief Workshop, among other things

Well, this summer is looking up. I'll be playing in an online Burning Wheel game and GMing Mouseguard online as well. Can't wait!

-Mal, Serenity