Thread: Summoning and Circination

Default Summoning and Circination

As I read it, under summoning (pg 118 - 120) as a gifted summoner if I meet or exceed the Ob for summoning a willing entity arrives to provide service for price.
    When I get to Circination, (pg 126) It reads that without a prison, the willful entity is going to take my lunch before any bargaining can be made?!?
    Is that right? Even if I succeed at the summons, the entity is free to 'have it's liberty' without a prison?
    'First you do the thing that scares you, then you get the courage.' - Maj.Gates
    ------------
    The Ultimate RPG Toolkit App

Yes, as I interpret it the Summoning skill is to bring an entity from another reality, not to bring and command it, that falls in the Bargain skill.

Stay cool

Not true, pg 118 is clear here. Meeting the Ob gets you an entity that presents one of his many names, and agrees to perform the service for his price. No bargaining allowed.
    If you exceed the Ob for summoning you can bargain the price.
    Failure however can allow the entity, as an option, to get wild if a prison has been drawn.

My issue is Circination states without a prison drawn the entity gets some free liberties! My thought is this applies to non-gifted summoners who must draw a gate to summon as per MagBu pg 116.
    'First you do the thing that scares you, then you get the courage.' - Maj.Gates
    ------------
    The Ultimate RPG Toolkit App

Quote Originally Posted by MadJay View Post
    My issue is Circination states without a prison drawn the entity gets some free liberties!
    That's entirely reasonable and would create the effect of a "wild" medium: she is gifted and so can open the gate and call on appropriate spirits, but doesn't have any control over the spirits once they pass through. Great McGuffin or troublemaker.

Quote Originally Posted by MadJay View Post
    My issue is Circination states without a prison drawn the entity gets some free liberties! My thought is this applies to non-gifted summoners who must draw a gate to summon as per MagBu pg 116.
    It's more that they can use their kewl powers to fuck with the summoner during the Bargaining process.
    Also: ninjas.

The procedure on pages 118-120 is very explicit. The prison circle, described later, is a security measure for failure.
    "Athos—Porthos, farewell till we meet again! Aramis, adieu forever!"
    --D'Artagnan

Check out my latest project: