Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Character Sheets I Burned Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Badmedo View Post
    Come on man, I blew all my Artha on this
    Oh, I didn't mean any offense! It is obviously designed with a spartan no-frills layout on purpose, so whatever you prefer, right? I prefer a prettier sheet is all, but I'm a total character sheet snob. (I create custom sheets for any game I play in, whereas most of my friends just write their stats down in a notebook. Ha!)

The IMS table I would ditch. I understand what you're doing there now, but it seems more of a waste of space than a useful tool. Not hard to look up a page reference when you get a new weapon, and most weapons are carried for some time. Thus, much better to have multiple smaller spaces to write on than a big table to ogle at. Not to mention that there's more room for error if the table was used every time you did damage.

I'm in the process of making a GM screen for Gold. The beta can be downloaded via the link in my signature. The first page has a compilation of all the most important rules exceptions in the game that you might find useful in checking / adding more crib notes. (BTW, with the exception of the Wheel of Magic, I composed the entire project in a word processor. ^^)

What I love about sheeting is that you always come away with a deeper understanding of the rules when you finish. If I could only persuade my players to be so enterprising. A few of them barely understand the rules at all. >.< Maybe they'll use your sheet!

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
    I would take the labels off the belief lines. The situational, Intraparty and Ethical or Philisophical belief are just suggestions not requirements. There's also no 4th line for those people who get a 4th belief from a trait.
    The labels were for my group, they were constantly having trouble with the concept so I use what the Adventurer Burner Recommended. But yes, I can put out a more generic one.

I'm making a lot of revisions as you guys post.
    Burning Wheel Gold owner #43 + 4 store copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
    I would take the labels off the belief lines. The situational, Intraparty and Ethical or Philisophical belief are just suggestions not requirements. There's also no 4th line for those people who get a 4th belief from a trait.
    I will add the 4th line!

Also, I've added a layer to the PDF so you can hide the label text and print it without.

Huge revision upcoming.

Default Updated!

Ok, made a huge revision Linked Here!

I use Grayscaled Artha (poker chips) in my game. Black for Fate, Gray for Persona, and White for Deeds. Hence the Artha logs are colored in a similar fashion. The progression is obvious, so I didn't bother labeling them.

I'm still working on Circles & Resources, but it's going to look similar to what I uploaded. It's also functional as is.

The Skills sheet got a rework, and is now opened to 20 slots, with a log for learning progression and a spot for page numbers.

BIT's & Artha got a face lift, and covers what a poster recommended; adding a trait tie-in Belief slot. This one is also layered, so you can turn off my labels in Beliefs and Instincts.

Stats, Attributes, & PGST got the most work done.

Opinions?

Looks great. Comments as they come to me:

"Situatioinal"

Gold got rid of the tracking artha spent on beliefs, IIRC, only abilities accumulate them now. (Though I think it's still useful.)

Your instinct labels surprise me.. I think of instincts as either fate mines (at your own discretion, indulge your dramatic bad habit) or insurance-style (you're habitually prepared for a certain type of situation, so you get a free retroactive roll when the GM skips past your preparations with fast pacing).

Wait.. is this a Revised character sheet? The Circles Obs have changed in Gold.

Love the page # reference on the skill list;I also like combining skills and BL. Should there be somewhere to note root stat/aptitude? For advancement, I've taken to pre-crossing out bubbles I don't need, and I do the same for aptitude (so if I have an aptitude of 4, I cross off 6 of the bubbles). But root stats do advance, which changes aptitude, so it's handy to note them.

You know, it would be fun to line up the clumsy weight penalties with the pieces of armor that cause them. The full list is:

Head: Perception
    Torso: Fatigue, Stealthy, Swimming
    Arm: Agility, Throwing & Shooting
    Legs: Climbing, Speed

PGST (Filename) -> PTGS

A page number for shields would be really useful (481), shields have different behavior in Fight and RNC.

Anyways, it's really shaping up.
    Michael Prescott - I'm making free adventures!

Rock on! I will fire up the next round of changes!

I believe the Circle information I grabbed directly from the Expanded Long-Term Play Gold Burning Wheel character sheet, but I'll check the information against the book when I get home.

Good advice on the armor penalties, I'll see if I can make it work.

I'll also fix the file name.
    Curse my dyslexia (really, my ability to notice messed up acronyms).

It's a personal problem.

Update: Oh, and I'm designing for the Gold Edition. I noted the Circles mistake and made the correction.
    Last edited by Badmedo; 05-09-2012 at 04:23 PM.

But where do I put my character's name and description? Surely there is room somewhere?

Oh yeah, well I usually have vanilla folders to put all of this into, so the players just put their character names on that.
    I left it out by design.